Protecting and restoring natural ecosystems
Become a member & make a difference to the local environment
The Habitat Restoration Fund (HRF) was created in 2006, by a group of people who wanted to take a more hands on approach to preserving their local environment.
The fund was established on Boonwurrung and Bunurong land. We pay our respects to elders past and present and extend our respect to indigenous people who are present today.
HRF is unique to other environmental protection groups because:
- Our focus is the on-ground implementation of projects.
- We organise the long term maintenance and legal protection of projects up-front to ensure long lasting positive impacts.
- We work on private as well as public land.
- We employ professional environmental contractors to work alongside volunteers.
- We provide opportunities for disadvantaged people to get involved in meaningful activities.
- We are non-political.
View our projects across Australia
With your help, we can make the world a better place
The Habitat Restoration Fund was created to enhance our natural ecosystems on both private and public land.
We aim to:
- Reconnect fragmented ecosystems by revegetating corridors
- Educate school children and the general community about the importance of preserving habitats for wildlife.
- Repair habitats for endangered flora and fauna through weed control, revegetation and more.
- Repair wetlands, creeks and river ecosystems
- Form an active, cooperative and supportive relationship between community groups, Governments and environmental stakeholders
- Involve the general community in meaningful ‘hands-on’ projects.